Alex At Home

Thoughts about gardening, cooking and living by the beach in California

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Seashells

One of the great things about living in a beach city is that you can dress in a less formal manner than other cities most of the time, and San Diego is well known for its relaxed attitude towards business dress. The beach and the ocean have a great influence on what to wear and the mild climate makes it ideal for beach related clothing most of the year. If it is a little cooler, then we normally put on a thicker sweatshirt, and flip flops are a year round thing. Anything to do with the beach is "in" whether you are shopping, going to a restaurant or going to the beach, and you rarely have to "dress up".

One of my favorite stores in La Jolla is Blondstone, a store which sells unique handmade jewelry made of interesting materials and semi-precious stones. They introduced a series called "The Wave", shown here, which is a which has been cut and polished and formed into necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I bought this necklace a year ago and I don't think I've received as many compliments about any other jewelry I've owned. People stop me in the street and ask where I bought it. I love it, but it really is an unusual idea. Check out their store at www.Blondstone.com.

Seashells are often used as a design on clothing and pictures in this area, and we did at one time have The Shell Shop in La Jolla, but that is now the Cave Store which is not quite as cute.

The seashell design shown here is in my new store, Urban Market, which sells unique gifts and clothing with a beach theme and can be found at www.cafepress.com/urbanmarket.

Why not check out some seashells today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home